Dodge Repair/Blower mode dose not change: '06 Ram

Question
QUESTION: I. Ave a 2006 dodge ram and the blower fan seems to work fine but the modes don't change from defrost to vents to floor no matter where I put the switch it won't change seems like there is a little air coming out of everywhere.

ANSWER: Hi Chris,
The control panel operates by two fuses, #23 and 32) and so I would look at those to be sure they are not blown or have a subtle crack in the wire. Other than that there might be a wire disconnection from the common door driver wire that runs from the control to a splice which then connects to all the door drivers that operate the air distribution functioning. I can describe where that connection is so you can check it out with an ohmmeter. If the wiring is OK as are the fuses then it may be that the air door actuator(s) are faulty, but to change the ones out that you mention requires removing the dash panel! So let us hope this is a fuse/wiring problem.
Please rate my answer (see below) and respond to it.
Roland

QUESTION: So I checked both fuses and they are ok I rechecked all the modes and the floor vents are the only ones that seem to work when they are selected and only work when it just the floor selected the defrost and vents don't seem to blow at all. How much of a pain is it to remove the dash and witch actuators do I need???

Answer
Hi Chris,
Before contemplating removing the dash I would advise that you find someone or a shop that has a high-level fault code reader and have them do a fault code readout of the HVAC control unit so that you might possibly get a specific code (B followed by a 4-digit number) that identifies the problem before you do anything else. Then you would have a better idea of what has to be done and whether or not the instrument panel has to be removed to do that. The manual shows the steps for removing/installing the panel which covers a space of about 40 pages in the manual and consists of approximately 40 steps out and 40 steps in including removing the steering column. It is a big job.
So seek to get a fault code readout of the HVAC control unit's memory for any fault codes. Get the numbers, ask what they mean, then write back and tell me what you learned. Then we can go from there.
Please rate my answers and consider giving me "yes"'s where you see the question about a nomination of me for volunteer of the month.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston