Dodge Repair/Bumper

I have just purchased dual exhaust for my dodge ram 1500 2005 5.7L. It won't work with my current bumper, and I've been looking all day for a bumper for my truck with no luck. I noticed they make that style of bumper for the 09 model and was curious if it would fit on my 05? If no any suggestions on where or what I can do besides taking a grinder to my current bumper.

Hi Taylor,
Have you checked at the Dodge dealer parts counter? It may be that their manual will give some dimensional data so you can determine whether the '09 will fit on your '05. It is also possible that you could remove your '05 bumper and compare it at the dealer part counter to an '09 which they might have in stock. Those would be my suggestions.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).