Dodge Repair/no spark

i have a 02 dodge ram 1500 3.7 v6. i having trouble on getting power to the coil packs.

Hi Steven,
A no spark/no power to the coil packs would suggest that you are not getting 12v to the primary windings. That most commonly is because there is a problem with there not being a satisfactory signal from either or both of the engine rotational sensors (cam and crank shaft sensors). The circuitry is set up to kill the 12v supply to the coils when the ignition is turned on but the engine isn't rotating (for fire safety purposes) so if one or the other of the rotational sensors were faulty then that would appear the same as if the engine weren't rotating.
I would do a fault code readout using the on-board self-diagnostic capability. Turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digie number preceded by a P. Let me know the number and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).