Dodge Repair/A/C drain:'03 Dakota

Trying to locate the A/C condensation drain that come thru the firewall of my 2003 dodge Dakota. When driving down the road with the A/C on the passenger side floor board gets soaked with water. I can't seem to locate the drain to see if it is clogged of the seal around it is worn or rotted out. Any help locating it will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Benjamin,
The drain is usually located directly under the HVAC box and is just a small hose protruding through the firewall. I looked at the '04 manual and could not find it mentioned.
The evaporator inside the HVAC housing is where the condensate occurs and that is near the midline of the unit, so it may well be located directly above the engine/transmission where you would not normally be looking for it.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).