Dodge Repair/Dodge ram 2500 puddle lights

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir
I have a 2011, Ram 2500  6.7 Diesel Automatic. which both the puddle lights and  mirror indicators do not work.
The electric mirrors are ok and I wanted to know the best way to find out what the problem is. I do not know if its the lamps or a controller.
As I am from the UK  it is not easy to get a replacement  to try. So I was hoping I could use a voltage tester.. Do the led puddle lamp operate on 12v DC or does the  controller  send out a  different voltage.

ANSWER: Hi Peter,
I am not familiar with the term "puddle lamps". Can you describe where they are located and exactly the purpose? Might these be called the "fog" lamps here in the USA?
As to the "mirror indicators" can you tell me where these indicators are located and what is their purpose? It may also be a matter of terminology.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question but I just found it in the "question pool" to which it had been referred by the other Dodge expert, Kevin.
I should mention that the most recent manual for which I have the wiring diagram is for '06 but it may well be applicable nonetheless to your '11.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

lighting
lighting  
QUESTION: Hi Kevin
Sorry if I did not give you sufficient information.
The puddle lights  are on the underside of the wing mirrors, and I believe should operate  when the vehicle  remote is activated to lock and unlock the doors.
The  indicators I am referring to are the left and right hand turn indicators  they  are also on the  very end on the wing mirrors.

Answer
Hi Peter,
I understand what you are describing. Unfortunately the most recent manuals that I have for the Ram are for '06 and neither of those lighting features are shown in that manual. I don't know for sure but checking for blown fuses would seem to be the best first action. Because both sides are similarly affected the issue is probably not related to a plug at each of the doors which both would have to be impaired. There may be a common plug for both sides that is dislodged but I would not know where to look for it.
If I come upon any information further I will certainly contact you. Thanks for the rating and nomination.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston