Dodge Repair/'07 Charger R/T: loss of electricals after alternator replaced

Did a alternator repair. Had battery checked and alternator checked found alternator faulty. Disconnected battery removed and charged replaced alternate.
I now have check engine light, on abs light on, and esp/bas light on. Car is sluggish and wont go over 40mph.
Also radio, turn signals, side view mirrors, sunroof, windshield wipers, and high beams don't work.
Checked charging system and it works now.
What could cause this to happen?

Hi John,
Check fuse #1 in the power distribution center (60 amp) as that may be blown and has taken out several of the items that you listed. Then for the engine sluggishness:
Try for a fault code readout. "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage reading replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you find. I'll look at the wiring diagrams in the meantime.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).