Dodge Repair/2010 Dodge Journey -blows cold air on passenger side

Question
I have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. With heat or defrost on it blow hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side. From what I see it has 3 blend door actuators all have the same part number on them. The one on the drivers side buy the gas pedal controls the heat and is moving freely. The one in the middle behind the hvac control head is for all the hvac selections and is moving freely. The one above the blower motor is for the recirculation and is also moving freely. So what do you think? Also there is not a chiltons/Haynes manual available for this car at this time.

Answer
Hi John,
As you recognize there is no manual available at a reasonable price as yet. It appears that you have researched the actuator situation, probably at a dealer parts counter. If there is not a separate actuator for the passenger side (which has been an option on the minivans) then one would expect there temp of the air to be the same on both sides of the cabin. It suggests to me that there is a defect inside the HVAC unit air passageways that is allowing incoming air to by-pass directly to the passenger side without having been sent to temp control pathway.
Perhaps by utilizing the recirc pathway you can reduce the temperature differential.
If I learn of any specifics of this vehicle I will let you know.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston