Dodge Repair/'96 Ram van: daytime running lights

Hi Roland
Brad here with that 1996 dodge ram van where the running lights that won't turn off. I did try that orange and black wire it does turn off with key off , possible to be another wire in that harness , when you say left side I'm assuming drivers side? I did check the other wires on the same harness and some did light and some did not with key off (normal?)...gotta be the DRL

Hi Brad,
No, the orange/black in that vintage was one that powers things other than the engine when the key is "on". The others are no doubt the ones from the battery itself.
Yes, by left I mean the driver's side. So see whether a Dodge dealer parts counter might be able to look in the catalog for the specific location of the module.
Thanks again for the ratings and nominations.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).