Dodge Repair/'04 Durango heated seats work on high but not low

Question
I own a 2004 Dodge Durango, with heated seats. When pressed the switch for the low setting on both driver and passenger seats does not light up indicating the seat is heating. When the high setting is pressed the light comes on and begins warming the seat. Both low setting lights went out at the same time and it appears that the low setting is not working at all on either seat. Checked the fuse for the power seats and the fuse is good, checked all plugs under both seats and all connections are secure.

Answer
Hi Aaron,
Based upon the wiring diagrams it appears that there are 3 lights on each of the switches and also lights on the instrument cluster  telling about the heated seats. The driver and the passenger seats are separately controlled as to the heat current and the lights so although these both stopped working 'at the same time', I would believe that if there is no common cause that the low power switch contacts in both switches are not working, or a common cause is that the voltage going to the switches is less than 12v. The 'request' for the heated seat module to send voltage to the seats is a variable voltage generated by a different set of resistors in each switch (one for hot, one for low) so it may be that there is a partial short to ground or perhaps fuse 19 under the dash which provides that control choice voltage is not seated cleanly in its socket. So check fuse 19 on both sides for voltage reading and check pin 4 of each control switch to see if a full battery voltage is present. Then check pin 6 of both switched to verify whether there is voltage produced (of different values) when you press the control buttons of both switches. The voltage will either be there (but probably wrong value) or there will be no voltage on pin 6 when the low is requested.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston