Dodge Repair/'05 cirrus/stratus/sebring: rear upper ball joint

How do I replace the rear upper ball joint on my 2005 dodge stratus

Hi Joseph,
According to the manual if thers is excessive movement in that joint you have to replace the entire upper control arm. That is described in 5 pages of the '05 manual which I can copy and attach to an email I would send to you directly. I need to know your email address but when you tell me that don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", or the address is automatically erased.
It is a lengthy process to replace the upper arm so be sure it is needed to be replaced. Why did it fail?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).