Dodge Repair/'09 Journey: headlamps/turn signals/wipers

when i start the dodge journey the lights and wipers go on automatically and the turn signals do not work

Hi Seann,
I don't have the wiring diagrams for an '09 Journey so have to offer my advice based upon similar vehicles from the '06 manuals. I would check the head lamp switch itself to see if it is in the "auto" (automatic) position  rather than the "off" position.
On the wipers and the turn signals, those are controlled by the multifunction switch which relies upon various voltage levels being produced by a series of resistors and then sensed by the body control module correctly. It may be that there is a fault in that switch or its wiring but I can't tell you exactly what to try. I would suggest that you get a fault code readout of the body control module using a plug in code reader. A nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone, will sometimes do that for free or an independent shop will do it for about $40. Be sure to seek the codes from the body control module, both the number of the code and the name.
Is there a recent history to these problems? Did they start all together, at once. If so then there may be an issue with the voltage on the system related to the charging circuit or the battery. Anything possibly related to those?
This may point you toward which of the parts of the system are involved with the problem.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).