Dodge Repair/1991 Dodge D350 Diesel front hub

Question
I have a 1991 dodge d350 1ton 4wd diesel. Replaced the wheel bearing about six months ago because there was a lot of slack in the passenger side front wheel. That seems fine now,however now when I lock the hub in for 4wd, it gets a squeal sound like metal on metal. Jacked front up and turn wheel by hand and it turns hard with hub locked and normal with hubs out. The sound is coming from the wheel, not the front diff. A little slack in ujoints but they seem ok. Not sure what to look for next. Any ideas what I might run into, I use the truck everyday to feed my cows so I am trying to research before I start tearing things apart.

Answer
Hi Neil,
I am not familiar with that front hub. I do only have truck repair manuals beginning in '04. Would you know which Model truck (Ram, Durango, Dakota, SRT-10) in that manual would be most similar to yours in that front hub respect and I can then check out the manual and see if I can find some pages to share with you and which I can send to you attached to an email.
Thanks for your understanding.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston