Dodge Repair/2002 dodge ram 4.7 cam shaft sensor

what i can do my cam shaft broke where is located in my 2002 dodge ram

Hi Jose,
The sensor for the camshaft is located at the front end of the right side cylinder head, at the top edge (just below the valve cover). It goes through the cylinder head and its tip is in close contact with the "tone wheel" which is what you see just behind the right cam shaft sprocket and which has a number of slots located around its edge. Once you have the cam shaft properly installed along with that tone wheel you can remount the sensor in its socket in the cylinder head, assuming that it may have been removed to service the shaft.
I can copy a couple of pages that shows the location of the sensor and the tone wheel, and tell how to remove and install the sensor. Tell me your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead us "at" or the address will be automatically erased from your follow-up question.
Has the cam shaft been replaced properly after it broke?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).