Dodge Repair/2009 dodge 1500 5.7 hemi: dies/no start

Question
it was running good then all of a sudden it started to booge out so pulled over then went again it would run a bet then do the same thing . i got it home after twenty minutes which is only a ten minute drive. ive cleaned the throttle body replaced the air filter and now it wont even start. when i try the throttle body or butterfly flap opens and closes and the throttle body it self humms.

Answer
Hi Sonny,
The best way to get a handle on this is to do a fault code readout using a plug-in fault code reader which attaches to a 16-pin socket at the lower edge of the dash board near the steering column. The powertrain controlled may well have noticed the problem and coded it. All you need is the fault code number to get started. So borrow or buy a simple reader and let me know what are the 4-digit fault code numbers that are found. It would be costly to try replacing anything before doing that.
The only part that sometimes can suddenly cause the engine to go rough and be hard to start/idle is the exhaust gas recirculation valve which when it gets gummed up can fail to close tightly which it must do when either you accelerate, or cost to a stop. It is mounted on the front of the right cylinder head. You could remove it and check the condition of the passage ways and also if the valve stem were accessible you can clean that and lube with  WD-40 so that the internal spring-action closes it tightly. You would want to replace the metal gasket between the valve and the head, and also the gasket between the egr tube and the valve so buy those gaskets before starting on the project.
But getting the fault codes might be a better use of your time now.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston