Dodge Repair/'93 3.3 V-6 minivan: no start/flooding

I of a 93 Dodge Caravan 3.3 v6 it won't start. It floods out instantly when you turn it over. I had problems last summer with it loading up and flooding out when it would get a little over average running temp range but not vary much over though. This time however it showed no signs of loading up I was driving around doing arens I got home turned it off. I was home for about 1 hour when I went to leave I got in turned it over for about 5 to 6 seconds and nothing. Then did it again by then I smelled gas. It as always started right up except for last summer when it loaded up. I got out and looked under the van. No signs of any problem just gas drilling from the exhaust pipe right after the catalytic converter.I checked the engine compartment area fuel rail injectors and harness for signs of shorts or leaks and there was none no blown fuses or any other signs of problems.I am completely stumped please help.

Hi Stephen,
I suspect that one of the injectors may be stuck open. You could pull spark plugs and see which one is totally wet as an indication of which injector it is.
Also, try a fault code readout: turn the ignition key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then tell me the counts in order of appearance.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).