Dodge Repair/CD player and remote keys

check engine light was on, so took my 2004 durango to dealer. They fixed the crankshaft sensor, but when I get car back my radio is working but cd player won't. also my remote keys aren't working. took it back and they said I need new keys and radio. I just bought new keys and never even use the one. The dealer is telling me that, there is no signal coming from the keys. I did a little web research, and found that the dealer may have reset my computer and needs to put codes back in so, everything will work. Is this right?

Hi William,
I need to understand what you mean by "remote keys aren't working". Are you speaking about the remote key fob that is for locking and unlocking the doors from a distance? The keys themselves if they have the bulge in the key handle have to do with starting the car successfully, not with unlocking the doors, as those keys are programmed to the engine computer. Is that your problem or is it the door locking remotely?
As to the CD player, is this a factory unit, and if so what is it 'called'?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).