Dodge Repair/driveability degrades but no codes

i have a 07 3500 with a 5.7 hemi 65000 miles, having a problem with skipping, was having lean bank 1& 2 code, replaced crank& cam sensor's reset comp. took care of codes & a surge prob veh was having. not skipping probem at 4200 + rpm fuel pressure is holding steady at 51/52 psi. seems the more i drive it the worse it seems to get, if i disconnect batt & clear comp codes(hod neg,poss terminals together)it runs perfectly(engine)goes rite to 5500 with no issue's, at that point it dosn't seem to want to shift up, but skip is gone... if u let off throttle veh will shift up. seems to run fine for acouple day's progressively getting worse,seems skip starts around 4500, & keeps dropping lower &lower, ie 4250,4000, etc.  note, original problem was a fuel pump(died) replaced it less then 1 month ago... fuel pressure gauge dropps to 45 after sitting(off) for 10/15 min. i believe i have abad comp! i have no codes showing up, fuel pressure is stable(51psi)from 750-4500 . even when it's "breaking up",skiping fuel press is still at 51...not sure where to goto next..?

Hi Dan,
With no codes you are unfortunately having to guess for what might be wrong. You could wait a bit more until a fresh code appears is one approach.
While you have been focusing on the fuel supply, the other side of that equation is the mixture being too lean due to some sort of a vacuum leak into the intake manifold or some other way the mixture is progressively being leaned out as the cause.
Checking the vacuum hoses for loose fittings or cracks is one idea. Also check the crank case ventilation hoses. Finally consider whether the egr valve might be gummed up enough that the valve is sticking slightly ajar when it is supposed to e closed tightly which also leans the mixture which shows up either when accelerating or slowing to an idle as missing. You could remove the egr and check out the valve interior condition fairly easily on the 5.7L engine.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).