Dodge Repair/Replacement drivetrain parts for a 2000 Dakota

Question
Hello,

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4 with the 4.7 v8 and 5 speed manual transmission.  The glove box says it came stock with the NV231 transfer case.

My front drive shaft's u joints failed (while I was on my way home to fix them) and that happening caused the drive shaft to become so unstable it busted the transfer case and whole assembly for the centering ball in the front drive shaft.

My question is: what, if any, other vehicles have compatible replacement parts for a front drive shaft and transfer case for my 2000 Dakota?  I'm having a hard time finding replacement parts through auction sites and salvage yards.

I've seen that the NV231 and NP231 are are similar, if not the same, and have been used in many different vehicles.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Charles

Answer
Hi Charles,
I have no familiarity with that vehicle nor do I have a manual for it. May I suggest that you go to a dealer parts counter where they can look up the parts and also tell which other vehicles use the same part numbers.
Thanks for your understanding of my limitations.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston