Dodge Repair/starting problems: '93 Ram 150

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1993 dodge ram 150 318 motor I started it and it ran for three seconds and stop now it only turns over and not fire I replace the distributor and rotor button and no start I took the plug out and layed it to the motor to see if it had fire but nothing I need your help

ANSWER: Hi Greg,
The best thing to do is try to get a fault code number readout that would give a clue as to why it won't start.
Try turning the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Tell me the flash counts in the order of their appearance and we'll go from there.
May I ask why you replaced the distributor? Was there a history of a problem with it, or did you have a recommendation to do that?
One more question: do you have a vehicle theft security system? That may not be disarmed and if so that will often do what you described: run for 3 seconds then shut down the engine, and if you keep trying over and over it will refuse to even do that. If so, you have to disarm that anti-theft system.
Roland

QUESTION: I did the key off and on twice and it did a series of five blinks three times and I change the distrbutor and rotor button hoping to get lucky I really need help thank you

ANSWER: Hi Greg,
Do the flash counts again. There are also pauses some where in the first 5 counts, i.e. it is either 1 pause 1 pause 1 pause 2, or it is 1 pause 4, 2 pause 3, 3 pause 2 or 4 pause 1. So observe again those first 5 counts as those are all valid but we to know which it is.  The last two 5's you counted are correct, as those mean "end of code readout". So do it again.
And do you or don't you have an anti-theft system and if so, is it's light on the dash "on"?
Roland
'

QUESTION: I sent a follow question but no answer

Answer
Hi Greg,
I sent you the following answer on Saturday evening 4 days ago and the log shows that you read it on Sunday morning:
I asked you to DO THE FLASH COUNT AGAIN.
Unless you do I can't give you any idea of what to do.

"ANSWER: Hi Greg,
Do the flash counts again. There are also one or more pauses somewhere in the first 5 counts, i.e. it is either 1 pause 1 pause 1 pause 2, or it is 1 pause 4, or 2 pause 3, 3 pause 2, or 4 pause 1. So observe again those first 5 counts as those are all valid possibilities but we to know which it is.  The last two 5's you counted are correct, as those mean "end of code readout". So do it again and focus on the first 5 flashes, to see any pauses.
Roland"

Basically, you told me there were three sets of flash counts, with 5 in each. And what is actually the case is that there has to be an EVEN number of sets of flash counts so that you can form the actual fault codes which have two digits, i.e. the first 5 flashes you saw had a pause, or three pauses between the flashes in the count because those 5 have to be split up into 2 or possible 4 counts as I listed above. I know your last two counts of 5 in each is correct because that is the way all code counts end...with a 5 and a 5. But there is no code for just 5 flashes alone. You have to look at the first 5 flashes to find the pauses and tell me what the counts are then.  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston