Dodge Repair/torque settings: 2.4L engine

Hi can you help me whit the torque settings of head bots,conecting rods and main bearings for a dodge caliber 2007 2.4 thanks

Hi Francisco,
I have the specs for the '06 2.4L engines used in the PT Cruiser. I would think this is the same engine as in the '07 Caliber.
The connecting rod cap bolts are 20 foot-pounds + 1/4 turn.
The crankshaft main bearing cap/bed plate bolts are 20 foot-pounds for the M8 and 55 foot-pounds for the M11 bolts.
Cylinder head bolts done in 4 steps: 25,60,60, foot-pounds and then 1/4 turn (but don't use a torque wrench to do the 1/4 turn).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).