Dodge Repair/wipers stuck 'on'

I have a 08 Dodge Avenger Wipers won't turn off .had to unplug motor to get them to stop.

Hi Lawrence,
While I don't have the service manual for an '08 Avenger, my suggestion would be to look in the power distribution box in the engine compartment, where the purposes of the various relays is shown on the lid or inside, to see whether there is a relay for the windshield wiper motor. If so then choose a different relay with the same part number and try substituting that for the relay to see whether that wiper relay may have failed in the "on" position and is stuck like that. If so, then replace the relay with a new one.
If you don't find one there then check the fuse box in the cabin for such a relay.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).