Dodge Repair/'05 mini--van, 3rd Row Seat; back rest

Hi Roland,
My 3rd row seat, the single one, sto-n-go, doesn't stay up in the seating position any more.  More accurately, it locks into the seated position but the back rest doesn't lock as it should.  Not sure what happened since it is seldom used and most of the time is in the folded position (flat).  Thanks for any repair advice.

Hi Hank,
I have the '05 shop manual on a CD and it shows about 15 pages about the third row seat. However I am not familiar with it so can't pin point what is the likely problem. It appears to be a 2/3, 1/3 split design. Is that correct?
There are all kinds of repairs described so probably the best thing would be if you had those 15 pages which I can copy and attach to an email I would send to you directly. I need to know your email address to do that but when you tell me that don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or it will be erased.
There is a page or so about a tensioning device so if that seems to be the problem I can send those pages to you.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).