Dodge Repair/2007 dodge ram 1500 won't start

My 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi motor won't start. It is the anti theft system where the little red. Does not come on. This is happened like 5 times. It won't turn over I jump started it, I have replace the IOD fuse, I have disconnected the cable on the battery, and it still wont start its been 2 days

Hi Kari,
I need to be clear about this: is it that the starter motor will not turn the engine or that it does but the engine won't "catch" and run?
The anti-theft system usually has nothing to do with this unless you have actually had the starter motor crank the engine 6 times without it starting, then it is shut out of functioning.
But the anti-theft warning light would be "on" through all this cranking for that shut out of the starter motor to be caused by the anti-theft system. The anti-theft system usually allows the engine to start but then shuts it off after about 2 seconds or running when the system has not been 'dis-armed'.
So if it is simply no starter motor functioning, then have a helper try the key while you listen/touch the starter motor relay in the power box to check whether it is clicking when the key is in the 'start' position or not. Let me know the answer to that.
If it does click, do you hear a louder click from the starter motor at the same time?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).