Dodge Repair/check engine codes

Question
I have a 1988 w150 truck with a tbi 318 and 727 trans. I am getting a 12 ...24,, and 37 code from the truck. The 24 code is the tps, the other two are the problem. i'm not understanding the other two codes. Also i am trying to figure out where the obd port is on the truck. Can you help me out here. As far as i know i don't have a lockup converter in the transmission. Dodge is no help because they no longer work on anything older than 1995,nor do they have info on them.

Answer
Hi Michael,
I don't have '80's truck manuals but based upon the car manuals of the time that I do have as well as an article on the 727 transmission at Allpar.com I believe that the 727 in the rear drive trucks of '88 would have a non-electronic lock-up torque converter:
"All 1988 front-drive Torqueflites except Voyager 2.5 and the turbo had an electronic lockup torque converter. The 1988 TorqueFlite transmission (rear-drive) had a non-electronic lockup."
I wonder if that 37 code may be due to their being no electronics for the lock-up in which case that would be a false code. Have you looked for codes previously without ever getting the 37 fault code?
The 12 code just says that the battery was disconnected some time in the past 50-100 ignition key cycles so is not again usually a code of concern.
The OBD-I data link connector in the cars was located in the engine compartment consisting of a black rectangular socket on a cable which has 6 pin sockets in a 4/2 design and was located adjacent to the left strut tower. I assume that you got the codes however by doing the ignition key 'on-off-on-off-on' routine and the check engine light flash counting.
So if nothing has changed about the torque converter function then I would ignore the 37 code.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston