Dodge Repair/2011 dodge ram 5.7 HEMI: electrical

Question
Hello. i recently had my spark plugs and boots in my 5.7 L HEMI. its starts and runs good,but the dash imformation does not work. no lights no gauges no nothing and,my wipers will not shut off. also blinkers do not work.what could be the problem??

Answer
Hi Matthew,
As regards the dash cluster try this:
With the ignition Off, press and hold the odometer/trip odometer reset button, then turn the ignition switch to run position (not the start position), then release the reset button. See if the cluster does a self-test or returns to "life".
The Mitchell manual I have for the '10 Ram is difficult to use as it is on a CD and has no index. Even the wiring diagrams are blurry but I believe I can tell you the fuses to check for the instrument cluster: M31,M45,M51  and J45, but look at all the nearby fuses as well to see if you can find one that is blown.
The wipers not shutting off could be due to the wiper relay being stuck in the "on" position. So look for that relay in the main power box and try substituting another relay with the same part number for it and see it that regains control of the wipers.
On the turn signals I haven't yet found the fuse for that but I will keep looking.
The wiring systems are now in many ways obscure in having a computer involvement. You might do well to try and get a fault code number that may reveal the cause of any of these problems. Try turning the ignition switch "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a letter. Let me know if you get one. If not you could go to a shop and ask them to do a fault code readout using a plug-in code reader. It should cost $40 or less for that. Let me know the numbers.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston