Dodge Repair/'01 Neon: "fuse" appears in odometer window

The odometer on my Neon is flashing word fuse when start it. It starts and runs and we replaced fuse. Stops flashing after a minute and will ding 3 times. Thank you

Hi Marcella,
That indicates that fuse 13 (15 amp) in the powerbox in the engine compartment is either blown or not making good contact. It provides power to the instrument cluster and the interior lights when the ignition switch is in the "off" position.
PS: That dome light was probably shorting some current to ground which either blows the fuse or lowers the voltage on the circuit to the point where it is detected by the instrument cluster as being too low a voltage which then cause the "fuse" warning to appear.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).