Dodge Repair/'03 Dodge Durango: no start

Question
Have a 03 Dodge Durango  after driving it parked and when I returned to leave it would not start. Got a jump and it cranked over and still nothing. Checked to see if getting fuel and I have fuel in the lines. Checked at the pressure lines. I used starter fluid and it started until the fluid burnt out. Someone said the injectors are clogged. How do I replace them or unclog them to get my Durango running so I can move it from where it is at.

Answer
Hi Helen,
I would not conclude that the issue is the injectors being clogged. It could be a mixture problem (too lean) and that has several possible causes. Try using the ignition key to get a fault code readout which the engine controller sees as the problem: turn the key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer in the cluster to see the mileage reading be replaced by a 4-digit number(s) preceded by a P. Let me know the number(s) that you get that way and we'll go from there. Also tell me which engine size (L) you have.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston