Dodge Repair/06 Ram Truck

06 Ram Truck
Replace fuel pump 1 1/2 yrs. ago

Engine started to miss every once in a while, also hesitate and shut off. Would start up quickly, shut off and will not start

Hi Nick,
The first thing to do is take advantage of the self-diagnostic capability of the engine controller. Use the ignition switch key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. The watch to odometer window in the cluster to see the mileage reading replaced by a 4-digit number(s) preceded by a P. Let me know those numbers and we'll go from there. Also tell me which engine size (L) you have.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).