Dodge Repair/'09 Caliber: P2004 code

My 2009 Dodge Caliber was running horrible and came up with P2004 code. Replaced the Intake Manifold and the "Flapper" motor. Runs great now but the P2004 code remains. My ODB2 scanner will not clear the code. Does this code have to be cleared by the dealership ?

Hi Michael,
I don't find there to be anything specific to that code which would prevent it from being cleared by your scanner. The manual says to have the ignition "on" but the engine not running when you try to clear the codes with your scanner.  
You can typically clear the codes by disconnecting the battery briefly. That does set a P1684 (battery disconnected recently) but the old codes should be gone until you run the engine again/drive it and then see if there are re-occurrence or not. So try the battery disconnect and verify the 2004 is gone.
Then if it returns later that would verify that the PCM has detected it again.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).