Dodge Repair/'97 Ram 2500 heater/ac control panel

How do I replace the heater/ac control panel on this truck? I replaced it ok, but don't think I have the adjustables on the back of the panel set properly before I put it back together.  Thanx!

Hi Ron,
I have the '96-7 Mitchell manual and the '01 Dodge manual for the Ram. Both describe the control system operation as being 'powered' by a vacuum hose provided by the engine that comes through the firewall. Were you aware of that and did you reconnect that vacuum source to the rear of the control panel when you installed it? Many of the functions would not work absent that vacuum supply to operate them. You should also verify that when the engine is running that there is indeed vacuum on that connection tube that comes through the firewall as it could be cracked or disconnected at the other end at the intake manifold. It is the rear-most vacuum nipple on the engine's intake manifold (engine right side of the manifold).
Other than that I don't see there being any 'adjustables'.
I can copy a few pages from the manuals and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. Let me know a bit of the details about what is not working so I can pick out the specific problem information. When you tell me your email address, don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be erased automatically.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).