Dodge Repair/computer failing?

Question
I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 what would the truck be doing if the computer was going out

Answer
Hi John,
If you mean the powertrain control module, the engine would likely be running poorly. The check engine light would also be coming on. You could try using the ignition key to find out a fault code that would tell us what is wrong. Turn it: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston