Dodge Repair/Dodge charger: prnd38

Wat does it mean when prnd38 is on

Hi Devin,
What is the year model and engine/transmission type of the vehicle? Where does "prnd38" appear at and does it replace some other indication? I could guess that this has to do with the transmission gear options: park/reverse/neutral/drive/3rd gear/8th gear. The 8-speed automatic transmission first was available in the 2012 model year. If this just came 'on' and appears to be some sort of a warning light it suggests that the transmission control module has recognized there to be some sort of a problem that needs attention such as fluid level or over-heat or some other issue. That transmission is said to be complex so I would be inclined to find a shop that knows about it, perhaps the dealer would be best.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).