Dodge Repair/rear freeze plug

have 2005 grand caravan 3.8ltr, freeze plug out between transaxle & engine, does the engine need to be pulled or can we just drop the transaxle?

Hi Faron,
I have no experience with that plug replacement. The manual discusses how to remove and replace a generic plug but nothing is mentioned about the task for specific plug locations. I can copy the page that shows the procedure and send that to you attached to an email. If you want it tell me your email address, but don't use the @ instead use "at" or it will be automatically erased. Once you get an idea of the access needed you can decide which way to go to get access.
It would seem that if the plug is accessible once the trans is removed that would be the was to go.  I will also send the pages that list the  procedure for removing the transaxle.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).