Dodge Repair/Serpertine belt comes off in rain etc

If I change to the kit 38379K can I change pullys and double sided belt with what I have on van now

Hi Larry,
Sorry but I don't have kit part numbers to answer this question. I would check at a dealer parts counter for an answer.
In my experience, when a belt comes off in the rain there is often a shroud or splash shield which is missing and if so then replacing that stops excess water from coming up from the right tire and washing onto to the front of the engine. So check that possibility at the parts counter. Or in the shop area see if there is a similar year van and see whether it has a splash shield in place which is missing from your van.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).