Dodge Repair/'02 Stratus dies, then restarts after 10 minutes

I have a 2002 dodge stratus that wont start at first it use to run good. it starts for awhile then shut off after that I have to turn the key on and off till the codes show. then wait till all the codes show and says done. then wait 4 another 10 min then it starts again 4 a while then does the same thing. then I do the same thing then after that it run good

Hi Larry,
What codes does it show before the "done" appears? How long is 'for a while' before it shuts off. Finally it runs without stopping, correct? When it does stop running, is there something happening when it stops running such rolling to a stop, or accelerating, or just going at a constant speed? Which engine do you have (L)?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).