Dodge Repair/'04 Stratus: oil spraying from dipstick tube

Question
I have oil spraying out of the dipstick tube the pcv valve has been replaced but still oil spraying out what else could be the problem

Answer
Hi Brandi,
Test the pcv valve system by idling the engine and then removing the hose from the valve and listen for a hissing sound, and put your finger over the valve tip to see if you feel engine vacuum. If so the valve is working.
The only reason for a positive pressure to be present in the crankcase would then be that exhaust gases are leaking around the pistons and into the crankcase in an excessive amount due to wear between the pistons and the cylinder linings.
I can't think of another explanation other than the crankcase has too much oil in it. The capacity is about 5 quarts, and would show overfill by checking the dipstick. If you have the 2.0L engine the capacity is 4.5 quarts.
Do you have high miles on the engine which might cause the "blow-by" phenomenon I described above? A compression test of each cylinder would reveal that were it the case.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston