Dodge Repair/2010 dodge ram 1500 2wd: esp/bas light

Question
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 2wd and yesterday 2/6/15 I put my center console shifter into park but the transmission was registering it in reverse, well i knew about the little button by shifter and allowed it to free and get into right gear. since then every now and then the cruise does not work and the esp light will turn on also the low voltage light will come on for just a second and the esp will stay on till i kill it and then the cruise will work only to go through the sam process. is there something that has happened like this before? thank you Devyn

Answer
Hi Devyn,
My review of the '06 manual, the nearest that I have to your '10, suggests that there is a borderline problem with the voltage level on the overall system of the vehicle, probably a little low. The various issues you experienced are not electrically related other than to possibly voltage level that operate them. The warning light esp/bas says that there is something off-value that has been detected in the electrical power box or the anti-lock brake electric controller. About the best and only way to search for this cause is the use of a diagnostic readout box that can possibly find a fault code in one of the systems that would give you some place to check out.
It might be an indication of an alternator that is getting weak is all that I can postulate without doing a readout.
Sorry for the delay in answering but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which Kevin had referred it.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston