Dodge Repair/2010 journey has no heat on passenger side

Question
Hi Roland,
I noticed you had a similar question in the past and hope you can help. I have no heat on the passenger side (just blows cold air in any position) but the driver side has heat on floor, vent and defrost. I have a single zone heating system and from what I read, the problem appears to be a blend door actuator. I understand this is found on the driver side by the accelerator pedal. If I replace this actuator, do I need to recalibrate this because on some posts it says yes and others don't even mention this. If needed, what is the recalibration procedure? Thank you.

Answer
Hi John,
I don't have the manual for the Journey so can't speak with knowledge specific to it.
But if there is a single zone heating then I would believe there is only one blend air door and that if controls the temp for the air that goes to both sides and should be the same temp. Could there be something that gives you any control on the passenger side only?  Might a duct be "open" to that passenger side? I don't know about recalibration either for the vehicle. If you change out the blend door actuator notice the position of the door lever when you remove it and put the new one in with the lever in the same position so it mates. There may be a calibration procedure or it could do it automatically, I just don't know.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston