Dodge Repair/2015 Ram2500 external lighting

I am wiring 2 led work lights on a headache rack into my 2015 Ram 2500 Lonestar Cummins. Each light has a red and black wire. How do I do this?  Thanks.

Hi Jess,
The main concern is the polarity of the lights. Usually the black is ground (- post of battery= any metal part of the chassis) and the red would be +12 volts supply. But verify that with the instruction of the lights. I will shortly get a 2009 ram shop manual but I can't reference to your 2015 other than to assume it is identical. I don't know what a "headache rack" is.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).