Dodge Repair/4.7 dodge engine: no compression on one cylinder

got it hot 1 time  now number 4 cylinder has no compression  runs fine but skips on that cylinder oil pressure fine runs perfect except for skip   rings?  or could i be luckey and be stuck valve?Ksv8

Hi Ronnie,
There is a combustion pressure leakage test that can be performed with a device that pumps in pressure to the cylinder(s) one at a time through the spark plug hole, and you then observe for where the air leaks out (tail pipe, throttle body, crankcase via oil filler cap, etc.?) and that will give you some good idea as to why the cylinder is bad. Check out the cost of such a tester and compare with the cost of having a shop do it. If you want the pages that describe this and how to interpret the results then let me know your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
I would do this sort of test first before taking anything apart so that you will have some idea as to what is the likely reason for no compression.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).