Dodge Repair/'96 Intrepid: check engine light 'on'

Question
i have a 1996 dodge intrepid, 3.3, 4 door. the service engine soon light and cruise control light are flashing back and forth. car is running very rough when this happens. shut car off and restart, service engine soon light stays on but runs better. later the cruise light will flash again and run rough. any idea?

Answer
Hi Rob,
Try using the ignition key to get a fault code readout: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light which remains "on" to see if begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause.
Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Tell me the counts in the order of appearance and we'll go from there.
I am not familiar with the cruise light... do you understand what it might be "on" for, or "off" for.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston