Dodge Repair/'99 Durango won't start

Question
QUESTION: 1999 Dodge Durango, 5.9L
Out of the blue, it won't start. I replaced crankshaft position sensor, plugs, cap and rotor, camshaft position sensor (aka magnetic pickup relay, I believe) and ignition coil. The battery is all but new.
I'm getting tapped out and still can't get it started. I have fuel pressure and am reading voltage all over the place. I'm stumped! What else is there?

ANSWER: Hi Michael,
It could be an issue with mixture. But try to do a fault code readout using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see If the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If nothing changes, then a plug-in fault code reader can by used. The socket is under the dash by the steering column. Either borrow or buy a simple OBD-II reader for about $50. The fault code that is stored will point us toward what needs to be done.
The one part that can cause a mixture problem but not always set a 'fault code' is the exhaust gas recirculation valve. But I don't see one on the 5.9L engine as used in the '99 Ram so that may not be something that is there to be checked out.
Let me know of any fault codes you can get out.
Roland

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply. I had tried to get a code with the ignition switch and nothing was showed.
Ended up taking it to a shop and they said the computer was wiped clean. They reprogrammed and it fired right up! They said sometimes when changing out parts this can happen??? I may have in fact fixed the original problem, but created another that I couldn't fix!
So, I should have it back today.
Thanks again.

Answer
Thank you for that update, Michael. Have you any thoughts about what part of the earlier repair would have 'wiped clean' the computer? Perhaps it was in the process of changing the crank sensor or the cam sensor? If the ignition switch were on at the time there could have been a short circuit. I am pleased that it was corrected without any futher cost for parts.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston