Dodge Repair/Transmission/cooling system cross-over

Question
I have a 2000 dodge dakota 4.7 4x4 and like a week ago I found that the transmission fluid and coolant were mixing . So I bought a new radiator and flushed everything and it's still mixing! Could you tell why it could be still mixing? Or could if be something else causing?

Answer
Hi Markease,
If this is an automatic transmission and you didn't completely flush the transmission, and instead only drained it out, then about 40% of the old fluid was still in the transmission. So you would want to have a power flush done to get rid of all of it, and then refill the transmission from an empty condition. There might also be some old trans fluid in the cooling system but it would not be so much as in the case of the transmission having old coolant in it.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston