Dodge Repair/'05 mini-van problem 0300, 0204, 0113 codes

QUESTION: My wife's 2005 dodge grand caravan 3.8L V6 is having a rough idle and is shooting a P0300 code as well as a 11306, however, I have changed: the MAP sensor, both O2 sensors, plugs and plug wires, coil pack, intake air flow sensor, PVC valve, replaced the knock sensor, and have reset the computer several times. I am about to check compression and vacuum causes transmission to overheat, and seems to be better for short period of time after computer is reset but then goes back to doing it. Its getting worse every day. Please feel free to email me and give me some ideas.  My mechanic to ask, my father, died 3 years ago and I am at a loss. Thanks again guys.

ANSWER: Hi Steven,
Do you have a name/description for the 11306 code, and does it have a letter prefix?
What do you do when you "reset" the computer?
What do you mean by "check compression and vacuum CAUSES transmission to overheat?
Thanks for clarifications.

QUESTION: The codes are P0113 and P0300and P0204 I know what these codes are but nothing is helping. The trany boils out small amounts of fluid but its not timing Cuz when I clear the codes with my computer or - battery post it runs fine for awhile

Hi Steven,
The 0204 is about the fuel injector circuit #4 being open or shorted to ground so check the wiring of that, or the injector itself could be bad. But I would think that you would not have a 0300 but rather a miss on a single cylinder (like an 0304). Check the wiring on the intake air temp sensor. There are of course many possibilities for an 0300:
in addition to what you have done it could be an engine mechanical problem (so check the compression), or a fuel mixture problem (so check the egr valve to be sure it's stem is moving freely and lub it if not).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).