Dodge Repair/2001 Dakota 4X4

I have a 2001 Dakota and it needs a motor can you tell me what motor I can do a swap with without me changeing the tranny or transfer case I'm looking to do a swap with a different motor and not have to change everything I wanna be able to change the motor and nothing else my truck have the 4.7 V8 in it now and I wanna get ride of it and get a bigger motor

Hi Donald,
I would suggest that you take a look at this article about the Dakota trucks of the early 2000's to learn about the 5.9 V-8. It was matched to a different transmission than the one used in your 4.7 See:
I don't know whether you can mate the 5.9 to your transmission. Perhaps a dealer parts counter would know.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).