Dodge Repair/'85 Ram turn signal switch

Just bought a 1985 dodge ram 1/2 ton pickup and the lever that controls the turn signals is broke. I am not exactly sure how to describe it well. you can move it up and down with no resistance. if you can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ashley,
That far back is beyond my manual collection (which goes back to '95 for the Ram) but I would begin by looking at the control unit that the lever is a part of. I did a search on eBay motors and found that someone has a unit that he bought a month ago that was originally in an '86 but would not work on his '87 Ram so wants to sell it for $40. Here is the listing:
If that looks similar to yours it may be the solution.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).