Dodge Repair/'97 Dodge Ram ac/heat fan

Question
QUESTION: Hey Roland...This is Gery...first wanted let you know what fixed the Chrysler 300M that kept stalling..the Sensor Crankshaft had to be replaced so all is well on that car for now (knock on wood)..I have another problem..a Dodge Ram pickup..the ac/heat blower fan is not working...I replaced the fan motor and it's still not working..any suggestions?.thanks in advance
Gery

ANSWER: Hi Janie,
How about the fan resistor block (or of course the fuse)? The resistor block though when it fails usually still allows the fan to operate but on highest speed only. Tell me the year model and I'll give you the details.
Roland

QUESTION: he said he checked the fuse but I keep asking him that lol...the truck is a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500..thanks

Answer
Hi Janie,
I don't have the '97 Ram manual, but:
I have an '01 manual by Chrysler Corp. that shows a fuse #12 (40 amp) and a blower motor relay located in the main power box in the engine compartment. Then there is the blower motor resistor block that is located near the blower motor and is connected by a harness to the blower motor itself. When that fails typically you loose the lower speeds of the blower but not the highest. So take a look in the power box to see it that is what you find and let me know if otherwise.
My '95 Mitchell manual shows the blower motor to be powered by a 30 amp fuse F2 in the fuse box (in the cabin?) so look for that as another possibility. Please let me know what you learn.
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston