Dodge Repair/99 dodge ram 2500 4x4 v10 seat belt lockup

QUESTION: Hi I'm scott and the driver and passenger seat belts have locked up on my 99 dodge ram 2500 4xr v10 I tried changing out the seat belt fuse in the fuse box but I didn't work any suggestions

ANSWER: Hi Scott,
I don't have the '99 manual for the Ram 2500, but I thought I might find information in another model year manual.
Can you tell me what you mean by "locked up"? What exactly is "locked up?
Do the seat belts lock up when they are in use, or exactly what is the normal way they work?
Are you describing the seat belt tensioners?
Which # fuse and amp size did you check?

QUESTION: I mean the seat belt will not release it is locked up and I changed the 10 amp fuse for the seat belt in the fuse panel and it did not unlock the seat belts

Hi Scott,
I don't have a wiring diagram which shows a fuse associated specifically with the seat belt retractors, which are the parts I assume that are giving you trouble. So all that I can suggest is that you check at the retractor mechanisms themselves to identify whether any of the wires at their plugs are showing 12V, with either the ignition off or on. At least that way you would know if the power from the fuse is getting there or not, and if not, then ideally you could trace along their harnesses to see if you can find a damaged wire that may be why this has happened. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).