Dodge Repair/Dodge Charger spark plug changeout

How hard is it to change the plugs in a 2011 Dodge Charger 5.7 is it worth changing myself. Not a mechanic but pretty comfortable under the hood

Hi Richard,
I haven't done it myself so can only tell you what the manual shows, my most recent being for '06. There are individual spark coils mounted on the valve cover which have to first be removed, then the spark plugs. Other than that, it is recommended to use compressed air to blow away debris around these parts before removing so it doesn't fall into the spark plug holes, and also to have some silicone lubricant and some dielectric grease to apply to the rubber seals as described. The usual care to insert the plugs by finger tip so as to avoid cross-threading also. A torque wrench to tighten properly is suggested.
I can copy pages from the manual I have on a CD that describe the steps and attach them to an email I send to you directly. I need to know your email address to do that, but if you tell me it in a follow-up question don't use the # symbol, instead use "at", of the address will be erased/

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).