Dodge Repair/04 Ram overhead console-minitrip computer

Question
QUESTION: i checked all of the fuses and they are all ok. to check that ground im going to have to remove the dash panel and rip out the radio arent i?

ANSWER: No, just check that pin 2 of the overhead map/reading lamp bulb fixture shows
a short to ground, while pin 1  should show voltage at all times. Does anything work on the overhead? How about the dome lamp?
Is yours a compass minitrip computer or is it an electronic vehicle information center?

Overhead console
Overhead console  
QUESTION: It's a mini trip computer and the dome light isn't working nor is my cargo light.

Answer
There are two plugs then on the overhead unit.
The six-pin plug has four wires:
pin 2 pink/dark green should show 12v with the key in run position
pin 4 red should show 12v always
pin 3 black-white should show a short to ground
Pin 5 is the digital data bus wire

The four-pin plug has 3 wires;
pin 1 yellow/gray should show 12v all the time
pin 2 black should show a short to ground
pin 3 yellow/orange should show 12v, I believe when you open a door

The cargo lamp is powered out of pin 18 of the instrument cluster plug while the dome lamp is powered out of pin 21 of the instrument cluster plug. The cluster needs fuses 18, 22, and 41 to provide that power to the lights.

Check all that out along with my earlier answers and hopefully you will find something that is wrong.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston